Thursday, January 28, 2010

Snowshoeing at White River Canyon, OR

Locations: White River Canyon at the base of Mt. Hood, OR.
Date: January 23, 2010, Saturday
People: Southern Jim, his girl friend "Miss C", Kpine and myself (hikin_mike1960)
Mileage: about 3



What a beautiful day to go for a walk with friends. The mountain had about 4 to 6 inches of new snow on the ground and we were one of the first to arrive. There is nothing better then walking on fresh snow, leaving one's mark on the world. The weather was great not too cold and not too hot with a slight breeze.


The mountain was playing hide and seek with us most of the day. When we stopped for lunch she displayed all her beauty. I will have some pictures posted on my website soon (http://www.takeawalkwithmothernature.com/). As the day progressed, more people took advantage of this area. White River Canyon is a great place to bring your family to play. There are places to run a sled down, great to cross country ski, camping out using snow caves and for us, snowshoing.


This was a good test for us all to show how out of shape we are. Southern Jim and "Miss C" won the "Boy that kicked my butt" award. I felt pretty good and was glad I started back working out. This little adventure just made me very excited about further trips.


"Miss C" and Kpine brought their dogs. They had a blast plowing through the snow and slept most of the way home. Must be great to be a dog!


Well I have ran out of things to say for now. I am going to try to post more adventures and thoughts. I must find the time to keep up. Have fun walking the trails and enjoy what Mother Nature gives us.

No comments: